How do I get the access token to be able to use workbench?

Options

How do I get the access token to be able to use workbench?

Comments

• AS
    Options

To generate a token you have to be an administrator in Domo.

On the admin page, under the Security menu option, the first submenu option is Access Tokens.  This is where you can provision (and revoke) tokens

Aaron
    MajorDomo @ Merit Medical

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the heart in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Jessica
    Jessica Contributor
    Options

Can you use the same user in a sandbox environment to get access tokens as the user in the PROD environment that already has access tokens? Would there be any impact?

Are access tokens limited to a single set per user?

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    Options

@Jessica to use Workbench you login. The information about generating an access token dated back in Dec2018 is ... partially correct.

Yes, you can revoke access tokens in Admin - Security - Access Tokens. That's true. But to generate a token for WB, you just login.

Sandbox and Prod have different URLs and are separate instances of Domo. Therefore the access tokens are separate. You would login to WB with a different account.

Yes an access token is a surrogate for the login credentials of one user in Domo.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"