Difference since last month

Hi

I'm trying to recreate a simple graph that I have in Tableau in order understand the capabilities of Domo.

It's a bar/line graph combo. The line graph is just a plot of the input data but then the bar graph plots the increase from the previous month. In Tableau this can be created in 5 seconds with a quick table calculation but I'm struggling with Domo - can anyone give any pointers?

domo graph.png

Comments

• Hello,

You can achieve this by using a "Period over period" chart type. Choose "Variance line bar." Input your time period in the x axis and then your value in the y axis. Go to your date range and choose last x number of months graphed by months. Then input a 1 into the "Compare to x month" box in the date range to compare one month back (see image below). This chart defaults to a percent variance and also shows the previous months total numbers but you can change this by going to the Chart Properties --> General, then checking off "Show Only Last Period" and "Show Variance As Value." After that it should look like the second image below. 

Let me know if this works.

Best of luck,

Brian

**Please mark "Accept as Solution" if this post solves your problem
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.

Dojo Help.PNGdojo example month over month.PNG

**Please mark "Accept as Solution" if this post solves your problem
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.