Workbench - Custom Schedule (JOBS)

Hello....

I see in Workbench there are alot of different options for scheduling jobs. Is there a custom schedule job available?

For example, in our company there are teams working two different shifts. I would like for my datasets to update at the end of each shift (as they are both doing work that would affect the data connections). If I want my dataset to update 2 times or even 3 or 4 times a day, is that possible?

I only see options for 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour and then it goes to day, etc. 

Comments

• Hi,

Which version of Workbench are you using? I know that we have the intervals you mentioned (15, 30, etc.) and we have day, weekday, month, etc. I am currently looking into other custom options and will respond shortly.

Thanks!

edit: my mistake, I was thinking about the connector scheduler. Currently there is only basic scheduling available in Workbench but I will inquire about an advanced option and reply to this thread when I find out.

• @ecenteno Workbench Pro Tip: In Workbench 4 you can use Windows Task Manager to schedule more complex schedules. While you will have to get into some awesome Windows admin screens (which will make you enjoy the WB interface even more) it gives you the flexibility to do almost anything for the schedule (specific dates, specific times, base off triggers ... almost anything you want.

You can set multiple triggers for a single task so yo can set it to run at 2, 4,8,12, ...

You will need to use the 'Schedule Group' feature but you can have a group of 1. Here is the Help documentation for that:

https://dox.domo.com/Connect/Connecting_to_Data_Using_Workbench/Workbench_4/10Creating_a_Schedule_Group_in_Workbench_4

Let me know if that helps.

• kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

@ecenteno, did any of the above replies help you out?

This discussion has been closed.