New Calculated Field isn't saving. Uncertain of next steps to save.

DeborahAnderson
edited September 21 in Beast Mode

I'm unsure of what I'm doing incorrectly. I've created a calculated field, verified it, and checked "save calculation to dataset" but when I click the X to exit out of the Beast Mode editor, there is a warning that says, "1 tab has unsaved changes". Can someone share what I've missed? Thanks. UPDATE: I realized checking the "Save calculation to DataSet" allows this calculated field to be available for other cards so I was able to save it for the card — I'm still uncertain of how to save the actual tab if this box is checked. Thanks.

Best Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

After you select the checkbox "save calculation to dataset" you need to then click on Create Calculated Field, which will then change to Save Calculated Field, which I tend to click on as well before clicking on the X to be sure it is properly saved.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • Manasi_Panov
    Manasi_Panov Contributor
    Answer ✓

Hello @DeborahAnderson,

I've encountered this as well. After clicking "Create Calculated Field" and then "Save Calculated Field," if I copy text from the formula or name, or switch tabs, I sometimes get a warning about unsaved changes. I typically just ignore it or save again before closing.

If you found this post helpful, please use 💡/💖/👍/😊 below! If it solved your problem, don't forget to accept the answer.

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

After you select the checkbox "save calculation to dataset" you need to then click on Create Calculated Field, which will then change to Save Calculated Field, which I tend to click on as well before clicking on the X to be sure it is properly saved.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • Manasi_Panov
    Manasi_Panov Contributor
    Answer ✓

Hello @DeborahAnderson,

I've encountered this as well. After clicking "Create Calculated Field" and then "Save Calculated Field," if I copy text from the formula or name, or switch tabs, I sometimes get a warning about unsaved changes. I typically just ignore it or save again before closing.

If you found this post helpful, please use 💡/💖/👍/😊 below! If it solved your problem, don't forget to accept the answer.