Appending a dataset said "Data updated successfully" but no rows was added?

I was appending rows on my existing dataset by going to Data → pick that Dataset → Settings tab → Details (drag my other dataset in), update mode: Append) → but in the History Tab I saw no rows was added:

P/S: I was appending just fine yesterday, so not sure what happened

Best Answer

• ggenovese
    ggenovese Contributor
    Answer ✓

I'm seeing this in the FAQ for the File Upload Connector, is it possible you're hitting save before the preview appears?

Why am I getting updates with the previously uploaded file?

When you update the existing dataset by uploading a file, a preview screen appears in the Select tables pane after the file is uploaded. When you click SAVE before the preview screen appears, then the file will be updated using the previously uploaded file, so it is recommended that you wait until the preview is screen appears and then click the SAVE button in the Select tables pane.

Answers

• ggenovese
    ggenovese Contributor
    Answer ✓

I'm seeing this in the FAQ for the File Upload Connector, is it possible you're hitting save before the preview appears?

Why am I getting updates with the previously uploaded file?

When you update the existing dataset by uploading a file, a preview screen appears in the Select tables pane after the file is uploaded. When you click SAVE before the preview screen appears, then the file will be updated using the previously uploaded file, so it is recommended that you wait until the preview is screen appears and then click the SAVE button in the Select tables pane.

• oh that must be why, I did hit Save before the Preview, thank you!