CLI with Task Scheduler

Anyone put the script directly into Task Scheduler to export a dataset?

at the command prompt I can type the following separate commands (enter after each)

java -jar C:/Domo/java/domoUtil.jar

connect -s xxxcompany.domo.com -t 3xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

export-data -i 0DATASETIDHEREINTHISSPACE80c -f 'C:/PATHTOSAVEYOURFILE/FILENAME_DS01.csv'

disconnect

This works successfully every time

In Task Schedule under Actions/Start a program

Program/script:

cmd.exe

Add arguments:

java -jar C:/Domo/java/domoUtil.jar /

connect -s xxxcompany.domo.com -t 3xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx /

export-data -i 0DATASETIDHEREINTHISSPACE80c -f 'C:/PATHTOSAVEYOURFILE/FILENAME_DS01.csv' /disconnect

I can't get this to work, I have tried a ton of things, /c in front /command before each line {ENTER} after each, with double quotes around all of it, around each line.

I can't get this to work here, anyone do this successfully can you provide an example please

Best Answer

• ggenovese
    ggenovese Contributor
    Answer ✓

Yeah, you can do it in Windows Task Scheduler as I described, you just need to use the -script parameter for the CLI tool and provide the path to the script. See below, just replace the placeholder values with your actual values.

Answers

• ggenovese
    ggenovese Contributor

Have you tried putting the commands in a script and then calling the CLI tool in the scheduler and passing in the path to the script?

EXAMPLE:

java -jar C:/Domo/java/domoUtil.jar -script c:\directory\<uploadfile.script>

the scripting option is described at the bottom of the KB Article: https://domo-support.domo.com/s/article/360043437733?language=en_US

• Jessica
    Jessica Contributor

I need to be able to use task scheduler for this outside of DOMO

• ggenovese
    ggenovese Contributor
    Answer ✓

Yeah, you can do it in Windows Task Scheduler as I described, you just need to use the -script parameter for the CLI tool and provide the path to the script. See below, just replace the placeholder values with your actual values.