Google (sheets) connect - This app is blocked

I'm receiving the following error when trying to connect Domo to Google Sheets:

This app is blocked

This app tried to access sensitive info in your Google Account. To keep your account safe, Google blocked this access.

I read only this has to be fixed by the developer as it doesn't meet Google's security standards.
Is this correct or is there another way around this?

Best Answer

• EvilGenius
    EvilGenius Member
    edited June 9 Answer ✓

I tried the steps below and managed to get it working. Login to your Google admin account https://admin.google.com/u/5/ac/owl/list?tab=apps

Hover on the row Domo and you will see the "Change access" will appear. Click on Change access.

In the next screen , select the all users option

Choose Trusted and click Next

Review the changes and Click on Change Access

Refresh your Domo browser and Try to connect to Google sheet again

Answers

• Are you using a Google workspace company account or a personal account? I haven't run into this issue with the Google Sheets Connector before.

David Cunningham

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree 😀, Like 👍️, or Awesome ❤️ below **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! ✔️**

• Have you tried re-authenticating the account to approve the scopes necessary for the connection?

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • user046467
    user046467 Member
    edited June 6

@david_cunningham

Workspace company account.

I haven't run into it either as I connected 2 accounts succesfully before.
    We also haven't changed anything related to privacy or security settings.

It might be a new issue as I saw another user here with a similar issue :

@GrantSmith

How do you mean? I'm adding a new account to the Google Sheets connector so I can't re-authenticate as I haven't connected this account before. The other accounts I've connected before within the same workspace are working as intended

• SimonKing
    SimonKing Member

When I try to set up the connector, it takes me to the google login page and when I try to authenticate my Google company account, which is an admin, I get this message.

• SimonKing
    SimonKing Member
    edited June 6

In google I have allowed 'less secure apps' (changed weeks ago) but still have the issue

• EvilGenius
    EvilGenius Member
    edited June 9 Answer ✓

I tried the steps below and managed to get it working. Login to your Google admin account https://admin.google.com/u/5/ac/owl/list?tab=apps

Hover on the row Domo and you will see the "Change access" will appear. Click on Change access.

In the next screen , select the all users option

Choose Trusted and click Next

Review the changes and Click on Change Access

Refresh your Domo browser and Try to connect to Google sheet again

• I have done that and the app looks good but still doesnt work.

One thing I have noticed is that the requested services appears to be blank

Whereas yours shows Drive and google Sign in. Is there some way to add this or delete and start again?

• Sorry for the late reply.

Go to https://admin.google.com/u/5/ac/owl/list?tab=configuredApps click on the highlighted text "Configured for 1 org"

and I can see this, to be honest, I forgot to grant access I tried so many ways and I lost track of the steps :(

• mmisky87
    mmisky87 Member

I am running into the same issue with domo and google sheets connecting with a basic google account.

Am I right to assume the only way to change google admin permission is to go subscribe to the google admin account?

• @EvilGenius Domo isn't in the list so I can't assign access to it.

How can I add Domo to the accessed apps list?

• I'm having the same error and the Domo app isn't listed in my google account admin / security area so there's no way to change the settings. Any update on this?

• @Speakman0418 I've had contacted support a month ago and their reply was the following:

Currently there is an issue going on with the DOMO connection with Google sheets connector, therefore this error message is popping up.

You can use the Google Sheets Service Connector for your work.
    Here is the help article for that connector
    https://domo-support.domo.com/s/article/000005468?language=en_US.

This does work, takes some time to setup but atleast I can use my Sheets now

• Tasleema
    Tasleema Domo Product Manager

The Google Sheets connector is now back up! You can connect with your Google username and password, without having to add the Domo app as a trusted app, and without using a service key. One thing you'll note is that you now have to provide the URL to the spreadsheet as opposed to being able to select the file from a file picker.