Drill in Place

Options

Hi All -

Guess I will kick things off here too :)

I know this is interation 1 of AppStudio, but I'm impatient and already playing around with moving some of our global dashboards to AppStudio.

Is there functionality build a drill in place on a card in AppStudio editor? I see linking to another card and opening in a pop out, but not in place.

Thanks!

Best Answer

• ColemenWilson
    edited April 2 Answer ✓
    Options

Similar to dashboards, you can only enable drill in place if a drill path has been created for the card. When importing a dashboard to an app, the drill path will come with it. If you did not have a drill path created before importing the dashboard, you will need to navigate to the card outside of the app and create a drill path or develop a replacement card with a drill path and then add it to the app. This seems like a quality of life improvement that Domo ought to make, I would recommend adding it to the https://community-forums.domo.com/main/categories/ideas

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

Answers

• ColemenWilson
    edited April 2
    Options

Edit App > Select the card > Actions > Drill In Place

• eburns
    eburns Member
    Options

Hmm … not an option. I converted a dashboard to the AppStudio and didn't build the card organically in AppStudio. Does that have something to do with it?

• ColemenWilson
    edited April 2 Answer ✓
    Options

Similar to dashboards, you can only enable drill in place if a drill path has been created for the card. When importing a dashboard to an app, the drill path will come with it. If you did not have a drill path created before importing the dashboard, you will need to navigate to the card outside of the app and create a drill path or develop a replacement card with a drill path and then add it to the app. This seems like a quality of life improvement that Domo ought to make, I would recommend adding it to the https://community-forums.domo.com/main/categories/ideas

• eburns
    eburns Member
    Options

Got it! Thank you so much @ColemenWilson. Will add to the ideas exchange.

• LeeJo
    LeeJo Member
    edited May 14
    Options

@ColemenWilson , or anyone else with a thought on this… I'm able to set up the drill in place for the card, but when clicking the card it doesn't actually drill down… although it shows the back arrow and filter icon as if it is.

Clicking the "expand" icon on the card to blow it up, and then selecting within it to drill down does work. However, that's defeating the purpose of drilling in place.

Any thoughts?

• ColemenWilson
    Options

Yes I think this is a bug. We are having the same issue as well. I am going to open a support case with Domo and I can add this link so they see you are having the same issue!

• LeeJo
    LeeJo Member
    Options

I appreciate that… I tried to do a workaround by adding a button with "Additional Details" below the card that has an action of "Open Card in a Pop-Up" and just having a new card with the details I want in the drilldown, but that seems to have a bug as well. The button won't open a card in popup when embedded in my app.