How to change smart text in the card title to show current date/ last updated date?

Options

Hi All,

In one of my dashboards I have various cards that update daily, ideally I would like the last updated date to update in the title when refreshed so it would read "PM AuM & Flows (Mth) by Service Type (£000's) as at 23rd February 2024".

I've tried using smart text in the title to use the last updated date but this shows "PM AuM & Flows (Mth) by Service Type (£000's) as at 5 hours ago"

Is there a more appropriate smart text field to use to achieve the desired presentation?

Any help appreciated as always!

Tagged:

Best Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Currently this isn't an option within the smart text. I'd recommend adding an idea to the idea exchange.

You can utilize an ETL to populate a field within your dataset to show the date / timestamp when the data was updated in your dataset and then use that field in the smart text.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • ColemenWilson
    edited February 23 Answer ✓
    Options

The only way currently to get that custom formatting is in a separate card that you could place next to the card on the dashboard. I would recommend adding an idea to the ideas exchange for a dataset last updated date display smart text. https://community-forums.domo.com/main/categories/ideas

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

This has been a common frustration with smart text. Until they add this ability, I use a dynamic textbox card and put it next to the accompany card to provide that context.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Currently this isn't an option within the smart text. I'd recommend adding an idea to the idea exchange.

You can utilize an ETL to populate a field within your dataset to show the date / timestamp when the data was updated in your dataset and then use that field in the smart text.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • ColemenWilson
    edited February 23 Answer ✓
    Options

The only way currently to get that custom formatting is in a separate card that you could place next to the card on the dashboard. I would recommend adding an idea to the ideas exchange for a dataset last updated date display smart text. https://community-forums.domo.com/main/categories/ideas

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

This has been a common frustration with smart text. Until they add this ability, I use a dynamic textbox card and put it next to the accompany card to provide that context.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.