Form Viewer v3 - view all submissions

Options

Is there a way to view all previously submitted forms in form viewer? As an admin I'd expect to see every submission from every user, but when I submit from a test user account I'm unable to see those from my admin account.

Best Answer

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

According to the KB article, Form Owners and admin should be able to view all submissions.

https://domo-support.domo.com/s/article/360042933614?language=en_US

Note: Users are the only ones who can edit their own previous submissions. Form owners and admins may view all submissions, but can only edit their own submissions.

If you are not finding that to be the case, I would open up a support ticket.

I would often create an ETL on the response dataset and pivot the data to a normalized structure and then build cards (including table cards) off that output dataset for executives and other to view submissions.

However, since the KB article says admins should be able to view all submissions, it is certainly worth a support ticket to make sure that functionality is working.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Options

You should be able to see all submissions by looking at the raw dataset that stores the form submissions. Have you tried looking there?

• user16872
    Options

I can see them in the raw dataset, but that's not how most users will be interacting with these. Our executive team will need to be able to view the previous submissions from all users. Especially in the case of forms that have attachment questions. They will need to be able to open and view / download the attached files.

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

According to the KB article, Form Owners and admin should be able to view all submissions.

https://domo-support.domo.com/s/article/360042933614?language=en_US

Note: Users are the only ones who can edit their own previous submissions. Form owners and admins may view all submissions, but can only edit their own submissions.

If you are not finding that to be the case, I would open up a support ticket.

I would often create an ETL on the response dataset and pivot the data to a normalized structure and then build cards (including table cards) off that output dataset for executives and other to view submissions.

However, since the KB article says admins should be able to view all submissions, it is certainly worth a support ticket to make sure that functionality is working.