Trying to understand why a line Bar behaves the way it does

Options

Hi,

I am trying to understand why a line bar is behaving the way it does. I have a bar chart that is correct the field is summed.

However,

as soon as I add a line bar it seems to sum each column before it. The aggregation for the bar is the same (sum) and for the line ive tried every aggregation to try and get it to look normal. Nothing works.

Best Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

It seems like you have a running total option selected. Assuming you are using the Line Bar chart type, go to your Chart Properties and make sure the Number of Running Total Bars is set to None.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@ColinHaze Do you have either of these options set to something besides the default?

• marcel_luthi
    marcel_luthi Coach
    edited February 6 Answer ✓
    Options

What is the card type you selected, there are several that look the same but behave differently, make sure you' re using line + Stacked

Also make sure the option for number of running total bars is set to none:

Hope this helps

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

It seems like you have a running total option selected. Assuming you are using the Line Bar chart type, go to your Chart Properties and make sure the Number of Running Total Bars is set to None.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@ColinHaze Do you have either of these options set to something besides the default?

• ColinHaze
    Options

Thanks Mark!

• marcel_luthi
    marcel_luthi Coach
    edited February 6 Answer ✓
    Options

What is the card type you selected, there are several that look the same but behave differently, make sure you' re using line + Stacked

Also make sure the option for number of running total bars is set to none:

Hope this helps