Company Overview Chart Color Picker

Options
Jessica
Jessica Contributor

Hey all

Just found this in company settings and didn't have it enabled.

I was looking at cards and colors and I see no difference.

Anyone know what this does?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jessica
    Jessica Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

I actually resolved this myself because after I enabled it and saw no difference I put it back to a disabled state. When I did this, I went to an existing card (and created a new card) and both instances the configuration in color rules no longer displayed the feature where you can manually type in the hex# or change the opacity. When I re-enabled it, those options came back.
    Basically it seems like it was a feature we already had enabled but the flag to enable/disable was added to administrate after the fact?
    When I engaged it, I inadvertently turned it off, so after turning it back on, I basically synced our working options to the flag.

Hope this helps

Answers

• I agree that it does not seem to change anything when enabled.

My guess is that it may have to do with Brand Kit, which our instance does not have enabled. Brand Kit is a Domo paid feature that allows for instance wide branding - including colors. Perhaps when enabled users could override the default brand colors for cards?

@GrantStowell @AnnaYardley @sierrawise Is there anyone from Domo who could answer this?

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

• jessdoe
    jessdoe Contributor
    Options

My understanding is this has no effect on existing cards in your instance. On newly created cards, however, the default colors available for you should align with whatever you've changed the default palette to in company settings.

• Jessica
    Jessica Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

I actually resolved this myself because after I enabled it and saw no difference I put it back to a disabled state. When I did this, I went to an existing card (and created a new card) and both instances the configuration in color rules no longer displayed the feature where you can manually type in the hex# or change the opacity. When I re-enabled it, those options came back.
    Basically it seems like it was a feature we already had enabled but the flag to enable/disable was added to administrate after the fact?
    When I engaged it, I inadvertently turned it off, so after turning it back on, I basically synced our working options to the flag.

Hope this helps