GA4 Connection Question

Options

Hello, wondering how the GA4 Connector works. Nervous of sampling and therefore wanted to make sure that history is loaded and then the newest data comes in.

Best Answers

• DashboardDude
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Sonia_4268 ,

Yep that looks right. You can also do Rolling Window and do Relative 365 days or 730 days or whatever you want. I do 730 because even though there is no data for 2 years ago I don't want the dataset to grow forever. I need to make a GA4 Connector video, but this one is for the older GA advanced connector:

John Le

You're only one dashboard away.

Click here for more video solutions: https://www.dashboarddudes.com/pantry

• pauljames
    pauljames Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Sonia_4268 , hey there! That looks great! Just remember tho if you were to change that date then your connector would be corrupted and you would have to overwrite and/or establish a new connector. Be mindful that you could even create a nice historical dataset if you use magicetl and combine old GA to new GA4 :)

IF I SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM, PLEASE "ACCEPT" MY ANSWER AS A SOLUTION. THANK YOU!

Answers

• DashboardDude
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Sonia_4268 ,

Yep that looks right. You can also do Rolling Window and do Relative 365 days or 730 days or whatever you want. I do 730 because even though there is no data for 2 years ago I don't want the dataset to grow forever. I need to make a GA4 Connector video, but this one is for the older GA advanced connector:

John Le

You're only one dashboard away.

Click here for more video solutions: https://www.dashboarddudes.com/pantry

• pauljames
    pauljames Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Sonia_4268 , hey there! That looks great! Just remember tho if you were to change that date then your connector would be corrupted and you would have to overwrite and/or establish a new connector. Be mindful that you could even create a nice historical dataset if you use magicetl and combine old GA to new GA4 :)

IF I SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM, PLEASE "ACCEPT" MY ANSWER AS A SOLUTION. THANK YOU!