Legend in Pie Charts

Options
damen
damen Contributor

Hi,

It seems that something recently changed so my pie charts are displaying the total on the side and in the summary number as well.

The graph on the left is how I am trying to get it to look but I cannot figure out why the graphs on the right are showing the total in the chart.

Was this a recent change? Any suggestions on how I take this 2nd version of 'total' out?

If this helps, feel free to agree, accept or awesome it!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• DavidChurchman
    Answer ✓
    Options

The Total is your "Hover Legend". When you're not hovering, it shows the total, when you are, it gives details around the slice you're hovering over. You can choose the option to hide the hover legend to remove it.

The reason it's showing in the graphs on the right but not the left is they are sized a little smaller. A graph has to be a minimum size and width for the hover legend to display.

Please 💡/💖/👍/😊 this post if you read it and found it helpful.

Please accept the answer if it solved your problem.

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    edited August 2023
    Options

In the properties under Hover Legend you can check the box to hide the legend to remove the totals on the right hand side.

Unhidden:

Hidden:

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • DavidChurchman
    Answer ✓
    Options

The Total is your "Hover Legend". When you're not hovering, it shows the total, when you are, it gives details around the slice you're hovering over. You can choose the option to hide the hover legend to remove it.

The reason it's showing in the graphs on the right but not the left is they are sized a little smaller. A graph has to be a minimum size and width for the hover legend to display.

Please 💡/💖/👍/😊 this post if you read it and found it helpful.

Please accept the answer if it solved your problem.

• damen
    damen Contributor
    Options

@GrantSmith @DavidChurchman

Thanks guys. That was what I was looking for.

If this helps, feel free to agree, accept or awesome it!