DAP Dataflow

Options
Jessica
Jessica Contributor

What is this? I have found DAP Dataflow ID in the governance data. I found a magic ETL and I can see the Dataflow ID in the URL and it matches with the record. I opened all the datasets, none of them match the DAP Dataflow ID and there is nothing I can find in knowledge that explains what this is.

Anyone?

Tagged:

Best Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

The DAP ID has been around since before partitioning. I've never been able to fully establish what it represents. My guess has always been some internal Domo ID. It'd be great if the metadata datasets came with helpful descriptions of each of the columns.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • RobB
    RobB Contributor
    edited August 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

@Jessica

I don't think it's in use anywhere for URL or other dataflow identifiers you may have access to. The dataflow ID that we're all accustomed to is what you will use in the URL: https://yourinstance/datacenter/dataflows/42/details

I've never had an occasion that required the use of the Dataflow DAP ID in the web application or the CLI. Unless we're digging into the API, I don't think it's a useful data point where dataflow governance is concerned.

• Jessica
    Jessica Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks Rob

Answers

• trafalger
    Options

I'm not sure either - maybe something with partitions now that dataflows support partitioning?

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

The DAP ID has been around since before partitioning. I've never been able to fully establish what it represents. My guess has always been some internal Domo ID. It'd be great if the metadata datasets came with helpful descriptions of each of the columns.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • ColemenWilson
    Options

@GrantStowell @AnnaYardley Could you loop in a technical resource from Domo to answer this?

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

• GrantStowell
    GrantStowell Domo Moderator
    Options

@colemenwilson we'd be happy to! We'll look into it.

• RobB
    RobB Contributor
    Options

I tested accessing a dataflow by the DAP ID and it works, so it appears is a valid identifier of a dataflow.

DAP is an old acronym I recognize for Directory Access Protocol or the X.500 standard. (LDAP is a more common implementation of this these days). Here is my best guess: It's identifying a dataflow using a value that is likely a global GUID for an LDAP protocol used to keep all the objects organized. We don't use it because we don't need to when a shorter value in the context of each Domo instance will do the job.

But I could be wrong.

• Jessica
    Jessica Contributor
    Options

@RobB

Sorry that is way beyond my knowledge base. Is there some where I can see these numbers when I am looking in the DOMO application?

Like I can see the dataset ID in the URL when I am on that dataset under the data menu in the DOMO Application.

Where can I see DAP ID?

• RobB
    RobB Contributor
    edited August 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

@Jessica

I don't think it's in use anywhere for URL or other dataflow identifiers you may have access to. The dataflow ID that we're all accustomed to is what you will use in the URL: https://yourinstance/datacenter/dataflows/42/details

I've never had an occasion that required the use of the Dataflow DAP ID in the web application or the CLI. Unless we're digging into the API, I don't think it's a useful data point where dataflow governance is concerned.

• Jessica
    Jessica Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks Rob