Can we have a personalized view of Dashboard and how can we arrange the dashboard for all users

Options

Best Answer

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes filtered views is the way to create the default filtered views with the flexibility to add additional filters if needed. This is a great article that explains filter views: https://domo-support.domo.com/s/article/360042923914?language=en_US

You can arrange dashboard/sub-dashboard order for all users in the company managed dashboards section of the dashboard pane: More > Admin > Company Settings > Company Dashboards.

Dashboards included in company dashboards will be seen listed first in the navigation pane in the same order set.
    Dashboards not included in company dashboards will not be listed in a specific order and can be re-arranged by each user to fit their preference.

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

Answers

• ColemenWilson
    Options

Hi Ajita, could you provide a bit more information?

You can create personalized views of a dashboard using PDP and/or Filter Views.
    What do you mean by arranging the dashboard for all users? Do you mean its location on the dashboard page? Having the cards laid out or arranged differently for different users?

• Ajita
    Options

I can apply PDP to have data level views of a dashboard but our requirement is to have multiple version of the same dashboard with default filtered views having the flexibility of adding additional filters if needed . This is not the recommended solution ,it would be high maintenance to make changes across since we don't find any options to set filtered views for users . May be it is due to limited knowledge on this tool (new) .

By arranging dashboard means manage dashboard and re-arrange the dashboard/sub-dashboards for all users .Now if I re-arrange dashboard ,the view is only for me and other users have their views .How can I set the dashboard structure for everyone same

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes filtered views is the way to create the default filtered views with the flexibility to add additional filters if needed. This is a great article that explains filter views: https://domo-support.domo.com/s/article/360042923914?language=en_US

You can arrange dashboard/sub-dashboard order for all users in the company managed dashboards section of the dashboard pane: More > Admin > Company Settings > Company Dashboards.

Dashboards included in company dashboards will be seen listed first in the navigation pane in the same order set.
    Dashboards not included in company dashboards will not be listed in a specific order and can be re-arranged by each user to fit their preference.

• Ajita
    Options

Thanks for all inputs ,will check and update