javascript NOT IN LIST

Options
Jessica
Jessica Contributor

I have working DDX bricks card that has filters on the data.

The working code is

const where = ['ELT_Code = HRES','YRMONum = 202305','Scenario != Forecast','TimeSeriesShort != FY','FTE_Position_Type != Actual_Active_Positions'];

For the FTE_Position_Type I need to include more than one exclusion.

I have tried several combinations of single quotes, double quotes, brackets, parenthesis, nothing is working.

Does anyone know the semantics of the code that will make this work?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• trafalger
    trafalger Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Try using something like this, using the || as an "OR"

const where = [
    'ELT_Code = HRES',
    'YRMONum = 202305',
    'Scenario != Forecast',
    'TimeSeriesShort != FY',
    'FTE_Position_Type != Actual_Active_Positions' ||
    'FTE_Position_Type != Another_Exclusion' ||
    'FTE_Position_Type != Yet_Another_Exclusion'];

Answers

• trafalger
    trafalger Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Try using something like this, using the || as an "OR"

const where = [
    'ELT_Code = HRES',
    'YRMONum = 202305',
    'Scenario != Forecast',
    'TimeSeriesShort != FY',
    'FTE_Position_Type != Actual_Active_Positions' ||
    'FTE_Position_Type != Another_Exclusion' ||
    'FTE_Position_Type != Yet_Another_Exclusion'];

• Jessica
    Jessica Contributor
    Options

Tried this below but it didn't work

const where = ['ELT_Code = COOR','RecordType = FTE','Blue_MA_SSP_Code = TCMV','TimeSeriesShort = CM','FTE_Position_Type!=Actual_Active_Positions'||'FTE_Position_Type!=Actual_Open_Reqs'];

I did find that doing it nested works

const where = [
    ['ELT_Code = COOR','RecordType = FTE','Blue_MA_SSP_Code = TCMV','TimeSeriesShort = CM','FTE_Position_Type!=Actual_Active_Positions'],
    ['ELT_Code = COOR','RecordType = FTE','Blue_MA_SSP_Code = TCMV','TimeSeriesShort = CM','FTE_Position_Type!=Actual_Open_Reqs']
    ];

• marcel_luthi
    Options

QQ, did you try the following:

const where = ['ELT_Code=COOR','RecordType=FTE','Blue_MA_SSP_Code=TCMV','TimeSeriesShort=CM','FTE_Position_Type!=Actual_Active_Positions',
    'FTE_Position_Type!=Actual_Open_Reqs','FTE_Position_Type!=Yet_Another_Exclusion']

Since you want to exclude all of the 3 options then this might work and be a bit less complex than your previous approach and return the same result. It'd be a different story if you would want to retrieve ones that are any of a subset of options, but that is not your case (I'm guessing you're using the Data Endpoint for retrieving the data)

• Jessica
    Jessica Contributor
    Options

sorry getting lost where you are adding the 3rd criteria as I only have two but yes, originally I tried it all together as one, it would not read correctly, that's why I came on for help

const where = ['ELT_Code = COOR','RecordType = FTE','Blue_MA_SSP_Code = TCMV','TimeSeriesShort = CM','FTE_Position_Type!=Actual_Active_Positions','FTE_Position_Type!=Actual_Open_Reqs'];