ETL not running

Options

I have an ETL that's been running for over a year. I made some updates to it and now it will not run, despite the preview showing everything marked as green. The error message says "Saved but incomplete. Cannot be run until all actions are configured correctly."

Can anyone advise on what might be going on here? I've meticulously gone through every step and don't see any issues…

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Options

These are frustrating errors. When this has happened to me, if it says it saved, then I just close the tab and then run it from the ETL overview page. If it runs successfully, then I'm good. Otherwise, I go back in and edit again. Usually it runs fine after that.

Hope this helps.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • NathanDorsch
    Options

How do I get to the "ETL overview page"? Do you mean the overview page for the output dataset?

• MarkSnodgrass
    Options

In the data center, click on the dataflows icon on the left side of the page.

then search for your dataflow name, "constructor ETL" and click on the title. This will take you to the Settings section of the dataflow. In the far right, you can click on the 3 dots and click on Run to force it to run.

• NathanDorsch
    Options

I don't see an option to run. Only view tags, create copy, or delete.

• MarkSnodgrass
    Options

Looks like a permissions issue. Mine is like this:

I would reach out to your admin and get the permissions adjusted.

• NathanDorsch
    Options

After looking at this further, I do normally have the run option on ETLs (I am an admin), but for this one, I don't. And think the reason might be because it's still in draft mode… perhaps? If you look at my screenshot above, you'll notice it says "Draft" and I'm wondering if that is preventing me from running it from settings?

• MarkSnodgrass
    Options

Possibly. Can you go back in and Edit the dataflow and then click Save and Run?

• NathanDorsch
    Options

That's what I've been trying to no avail. When I click save and run (or just save), that's the message I get.

• GrantSmith
    Options

You'll likely need to reach out to Domo Support as it sounds like some back end wires are crossed with your ETL.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • MarkSnodgrass
    Options

Seems like a support ticket might be necessary. In the meantime, you could copy and paste the contents of your ETL into a new ETL and try and run it. You will have to create new output datasets in the process. I would also suggest breaking it out into two ETLs and try and determine if it is the lower smaller workflow is the issue or the upper larger one.

• DashboardDude
    Options

I opened this and I thought I was looking at a map of the game Risk.

John Le

You're only one dashboard away.

Click here for more video solutions: https://www.dashboarddudes.com/pantry

• MichelleH
    Options

@NathanDorsch It might also be worth copying the top and bottom flows from your screenshot into two separate test dataflows. If one runs successfully and the other doesn't that could help narrow down where the issue is. If they both run successfully, try reverting to a previous version of the original dataflow and re-do the updates you previously made if it's not too much of a lift.

• NathanDorsch
    Options

I combined the second ETL into the top one. Still doesn't work.

I submitted a ticket and received this response: "I checked the ETL in question and there are 2 output datasets in the ETL with 2 different ETL processes. An ETL tile can only output one output dataset. To fix this issue, I suggest creating a separate ETL for the ETL at the bottom, please see screenshot, or joining the two output datasets into one dataset."

I run ETLs with multiple output datasets all the time. This is quite frustrating…

• ST_-Superman-_
    Options

@NathanDorsch - is it because you are bringing in the same dataset multiple times?

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman