Show numbers in different format

Hi! I have a stacked bar chart whose formatting for values must follow a specific set of rules. If it is above 1 million (example 9,483,321), it will be displayed with 1 decimal place, scale-abbreviated (to 9.5M in the example). If it is below 1 million, it should be displayed with no decimal place, scale abbreviated (like 570,754 to 571K). This should be for the totals and values per category. Is this possible to do currently in DOMO?

Best Answer

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

In your y-axis, choose Format and Display as Number and set the number of decimals to 1. Then in the Chart Properties - Data Label Settings, select Use Scale Abbreviation. This might get you what you want.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

In your y-axis, choose Format and Display as Number and set the number of decimals to 1. Then in the Chart Properties - Data Label Settings, select Use Scale Abbreviation. This might get you what you want.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • @Patrick_Cruz - I'm not sure of a way to accomplish this. I believe this would need to be a feature request. There may be a way to accomplish this kind of labeling using a DDX brick, but I don't have the coding skills to help you there.

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman