Transition from a regular PostgreSQL connector to PostgreSQL SSH connector

We want to start using the "PostgreSQL SSH" connector in place of the regular one. We already have a number of datasets created, so I'm wondering if there's an easy way to have a dataset use the new SSH connector. I really want to avoid recreating all of the datasets.

The post below makes it sound like this isn't possible in an easy way, but it's a few years old. My hope is that there's a better answer to this issue.

https://dojo.domo.com/main/discussion/40003/how-to-change-the-data-connector-type-on-an-existing-dataset

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Billobi
    Billobi Contributor

I think you're out of luck still on this one. Switching connector types requires a different type of credential / integration account and changing that in a dataset isn't really an accessible method. You could see if Support has any backend tricks to help accommodate...if you find out please let us know.

In the meantime if you go for a manual migration, just come up with a plan after doing an impact review using stats/governance datasets to get a checklist down. If any of those datasets to migrate have cards pointing directly at them or beast modes on them, it would be a good time to put in a prep layer transform and clean up any beasts too.