Exporting a filtered file

damen
damen Contributor

Hi,

I recently joined multiple data sources together and we are going through and sifting through the data flow. Almost everything looks good except 5-6 columns have nulls when we are expecting data. For example we have 109,000 thousand rows and all 109k have loan IDs in them but there are only 105k rows with purchase dates in them.

What I'm trying to do to make this easier is to export an excel file where I am only looking at the purchase dates that are null and all of the other information that goes with them.

Is this possible to export a filtered excel file without going into my ETL and filtering and un-filtering for each column that is incorrect?

If this helps, feel free to agree, accept or awesome it!

Comments

• Billobi
    Billobi Contributor

Hi Damen,

I think that using Views Explorer on your dataset would make this a very easy lift. Once you're in there, click on the 3 vertical dots at the top of the purchase date column and select "Remap nulls"...put in a value like "rows to inspect" or whatever. Then you can filter just on those column and export to CSV. (repeat as needed for any other columns of interest)

• damen
    damen Contributor

@billobi

Thank you! That is much easier than how we were previously doing it. Much appreciated!

If this helps, feel free to agree, accept or awesome it!