Understanding TOTAL rows used in Domo instance

JunkDoom
JunkDoom Member
edited March 2023 in Governance & Security

I can't seem to find an authoritative definition of which rows in my Domo instance count against my contract. What counts? Every dataset? How about datasets that are made from Dataset views? Datasets made from Data Fusions? ETLs? Shouldn't my total number in use be obvious somewhere? Where would I find this information? Thanks!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• JunkDoom
    JunkDoom Member
    Answer ✓

A-ha! I see it there. I also see that DataSet views look to be counting against our row count, which was not my understanding at all. I will contact support to see what counts and what doesn't since it's not clear anywhere. Thanks!

Answers

• In the Data Center, you can click on the Warehouse icon (the cube) which displays the spinning graphic of your data sources. In the upper right corner, it shows the total rows, number of data sets, number of data sources.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • JunkDoom
    JunkDoom Member
    Answer ✓

A-ha! I see it there. I also see that DataSet views look to be counting against our row count, which was not my understanding at all. I will contact support to see what counts and what doesn't since it's not clear anywhere. Thanks!

• mhouston
    mhouston Contributor
    edited August 2022

@JunkDoom I have been told by our Domo account team that the dataset views do not count against your row limits on the warehouse. I would love to know if you get any other clarification from support.