How do I get the date to show up even when there are no results?

Keisuke_n01
Keisuke_n01 Member
edited March 2023 in Scheduled Reports

Currently, as shown in the following figure, there is no indication after the week of 3rd July. This is due to the lack of results.

How can I display after the week of 3rd July?

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

Start with the calendar dataset from the Domo date dimension connector and left join your dataset to it on the date using a dataset view or ETL. Then use the calendars date field instead of your own. Left join will cause your missing data to be null but still have the dates from the calendar

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

Start with the calendar dataset from the Domo date dimension connector and left join your dataset to it on the date using a dataset view or ETL. Then use the calendars date field instead of your own. Left join will cause your missing data to be null but still have the dates from the calendar

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • GrantSmith

Thank you for your response!

We were restricted from getting the Domo Dimensions Connector, so I'll check in-house first!

• GrantSmith

The Domo date dimension connector was not available due to its disallowed use within the company.

However, by creating the calendar dataset in Google spreadsheet and then "Append Rows" using ETL, we were able to achieve what we wanted.

Thank you very much for your help.