Can Links to the Parent Page be Disabled?

Tow
Tow Member

If a page has sub-pages, clicking/touching the name of the parent page in the navigation will take you to the parent page. Does anyone know how to disable this link?

This is not very usable, especially on mobile, as people often accidentally touch the parent page name on the left-hand side rather than the icon for unfolding on the right-hand side.

Several users have asked us if it is possible to disable this part of the page, so I asked here.

Best Answer

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

There is no way to disable the link to a parent page. I would consider re-thinking your navigational structure so that you have a meaningful parent page. If you can't think of any alternatives, you could create a table card or notebook card that just has links to the subpages.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

There is no way to disable the link to a parent page. I would consider re-thinking your navigational structure so that you have a meaningful parent page. If you can't think of any alternatives, you could create a table card or notebook card that just has links to the subpages.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • Tow
    Tow Member

Thank you for your comment, @MarkSnodgrass. It seems like a good idea to rethink the structure of the content after all.