Maximum Number of Rows that Can Be Displayed on a Card

In a card, the data display is limited to 100,000 rows, but if the DataSet has 1,000,000 rows of data, does anyone know which of the following will happen?

1) If the data after filtering is within 100,000 rows, it can be displayed normally.

2)Regardless of the content of the filter, the error of over 100,000 rows will be displayed.

As far as we have tried, we think it will be the case 2 above. However, one of our engineers uploaded more than 100,000 rows of data from a Web Form and did not see any errors.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Tow
    Tow Member
    Answer ✓

A Domo consultant has responded to my question above. He said the correct answer is 2.

• Tow
    Tow Member
    edited December 2021 Answer ✓

Answers

• From the KB Article https://domohelp.domo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043429573-Table-Chart

You can have up to 25,000 rows in a Mega table.

If you are viewing your dataset in the data center and export to CSV, you may be able to export up to 1m rows.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • Hi @MarkSnodgrass and @amehdad, thank you for your answer. Let me add a few words about my question.

I imagine that the filters are handled by the front-end. Therefore, I would like to know the following:

1) Error if there are more than 100,000 rows at the time they come into the Domo front end

2) Error if the result of filtering by card is over 100,000 rows.

In the case I'm working on, the DataSet has millions of rows of data. If the Domo process is case 2, then we can design filters for each department to ensure that there are always less than 100,000 rows of data displayed. That way no data will be missing and it will be displayed correctly.

• Tow
    Tow Member
    Answer ✓

A Domo consultant has responded to my question above. He said the correct answer is 2.

• Tow
    Tow Member
    edited December 2021 Answer ✓

• A Domo consultant has responded to my question above. He said the correct answer is 2.