Domo Everywhere and Access Control

Our design team is looking at using Domo Everywhere to give us complete control over the design of the dashboard.

However, the dashboard is for internal use only and we need to limit access to only those users who have signed in to Domo.

My understanding is that Domo Everywhere does not allow for that kind of access control.

Are there any cases where you have both Domo Everywhere and access control?

Best Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

@Tow

Have you tried using private embed instead of a public embed? Private requires users to be logged into Domo to view the report.

When you choose the Private option, users will need to authenticate to see the embedded content. Because the private embed option uses authentication, filters can be personalized via PDP or programmatic filters.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

@Tow

Have you tried using private embed instead of a public embed? Private requires users to be logged into Domo to view the report.

When you choose the Private option, users will need to authenticate to see the embedded content. Because the private embed option uses authentication, filters can be personalized via PDP or programmatic filters.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Thank you very much, @amehdad ah and @GrantSmith. We haven't actually used Domo Everywhere as we're still considering whether to sign up for it. It looks like it will meet the requirements of our design team.

Your answers have been very helpful for me.

• One additional note.

I found out that Domo Everywhere can also control access, but Domo sales replied that Domo Everywhere is not available for internal use. It's a shame, but it looks like we'll have to compromise on the design aspect.