Create 'same' drill path for multiple cards

Options

Does anyone know of a way to create drill paths for multiple cards formatted the same way? I have several cards with similar data (same column names) and would like to create a drill path table for all of them, but would prefer not to do it 20 times. Thoughts?

Best Answer

• ST_-Superman-_
    Answer ✓
    Options

If you create the drill path on the first card, and then use the "save as" feature as you are replicating the card, the drill path is copied as well.

I am unfamiliar with a way to replicate a drill path once the cards have already been made without a lot of manual work.

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman

Answers

• ST_-Superman-_
    Answer ✓
    Options

If you create the drill path on the first card, and then use the "save as" feature as you are replicating the card, the drill path is copied as well.

I am unfamiliar with a way to replicate a drill path once the cards have already been made without a lot of manual work.

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • jlazerus
    Options

Hi, I tried this on a card where I created the drill patch but it did not save the drill path card.

• jlazerus
    Options

Actually, I just tried the same exact thing again and it worked. Weird. Either way, thanks!

• AndreF
    Options

We put in an enhancement request to have this functionality.  it woudl definitely be a time saver.  No solutions yet but if any ideas please share.

• PhilD
    Options

This is huge issue that makes me wish I never had to use this platform. Making changes to 20 different card's drill down views, when each is identical, is really not the type of work I want to be doing.

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    Options

@PhilD  is there a way you could avoid having 20 of the same card by maybe using filter cards in your dashboard?

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
This discussion has been closed.