Rearrange values on X axis

Hi,

I am creating a view where I want to observe volumes base on a time of the day bucket. So have a variable: time_of_the day that I created using a timestamp variable. When I put the variable on the x axis, it starts with 10-11 AM first and and with the earliest value, 9-10 AM. I would like to organize the values in a way that it starts with 7-8AM though. How can I solve this problem?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

No, you'd have two separate beast modes. One for your values and another for your sorting.

Bucket:

case when timestamp_var::time between '07:00:00' and '08:00:00' then '7-8 AM'

Sort:

case when timestamp_var::time between '07:00:00' and '08:00:00' then 1

Although now seeing your beastmode - are you just breaking it down into hour buckets?

You could possibly just do something like to do the sorting or even buckets if you don't care about AM/PM and can use 24-hour format:

HOUR(timestamp_var::time)

Are you doing this within a beast mode or in the sql query which pulls in the data?

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• Hi @user084060 

If you want to do some custom sorting you can utilize the same methodology you're using to create your buckets by assigining values via a case statement (such that your first bucket would be 1, second is 2 etc) and then use that beast mode as a sort on your card.

• Hi @GrantSmith ,

So instead of just creating

put a 1 infront of it?

when fact.start::time between '07:00:00' and '08:00:00' then '1_7-8 AM'

If that works, it's definitely an option, I just hoped there is another (easier) way ?

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

No, you'd have two separate beast modes. One for your values and another for your sorting.

Bucket:

Sort:

case when timestamp_var::time between '07:00:00' and '08:00:00' then 1

Although now seeing your beastmode - are you just breaking it down into hour buckets?

You could possibly just do something like to do the sorting or even buckets if you don't care about AM/PM and can use 24-hour format:

HOUR(timestamp_var::time)

Are you doing this within a beast mode or in the sql query which pulls in the data?

• Also based on your current logic if the timestamp fell exactly on 8:00:00 AM your code would cause it to always fall within the 7-8AM bucket and not the 8-9am bucket. You might want to change your BETWEEN to use '07:59:59' instead of '08:00:00' since BETWEEN is inclusive.

This discussion has been closed.