Filter for x-axis values

AttuAk
AttuAk Member
edited March 2023 in Scheduled Reports

Is it possible to filter for the values that are used for the x-axis on a bar graph?

For example,  have a chart that is currently showing volume by month.  I'd like to have a filter that will allow the user to switch the x-axis values between month and week.  Is it possible to do?

I want to allow the users to switch between these two views by selecting the value in a filter:MonthlyMonthlyWeeklyWeekly

Best Answer

• ST_-Superman-_
    Answer ✓

You could use a drill path to have the user click on the month they want to explore and have the underlying view aggregate at the week level.

Also, would having them use the "Graph By" option work for you?1.png

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman

Answers

• AS
    AS Coach

I'm unaware of a way to have a filter disaggregate a card configured on one dimension and have it aggregate on another dimension.  I dont' believe the underlying query engine is set up that way.

What you could do is provide a sumo card that users can edit on the fly, without making permanent changes to the card. They can alter the date grain by clicking on the date column header and choosing either option of week or month.

Aaron
    MajorDomo @ Merit Medical

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the heart in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • ST_-Superman-_
    Answer ✓

You could use a drill path to have the user click on the month they want to explore and have the underlying view aggregate at the week level.

Also, would having them use the "Graph By" option work for you?1.png

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • AttuAk
    AttuAk Member

thank you...I think I'll go with this option.

This discussion has been closed.