1000             30             Z

2000             10             A

2000             20             B

2000             30             Z

3000             10             X

3000             20             A

3000             30             Z

etc....

My requirement is to have a user be able to select products (A user could select any combination of products), so in our example the pool of products is [A,B,X,Y,Z], however there are hundreds of products.

When the User selects Product X AND Z, i expect the results to be Sales Lines that include X AND Z, so in this case

[Sales Doc]  [Line No]   [Product]

1000             10             X

1000             30             Z

3000             10             X

3000             30             Z

Notice that Sales Doc 2000 is not listed as it doesn't contain BOTH products.

I haven't figured out how to solve this problem with standard Card functionality, i'm sure there is a way with a card and i'm open to other avenues, but am looking for some guidance, perhaps something i have not yet thought of.

Thank you!

Best Answer

• jaredpk
    jaredpk Contributor
    Answer ✓

Hi Nick -- Yes an custom app could do this.  For that'd you'd clarify the requirement with our App team and they would build and test with you to make this work.

I work for Domo.
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Answers

• Chips
    Chips Contributor

Good morning @Nick_Bertz, what other fields do we have at our disposal here? Count of products per?

Domo Consultant

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Hello,

We have a value field 'Total Price' for each line on the document, ie: $50

We hae a 'Quantity' for each line on the document

We have a 'Stage' associated with each line (all lines within a single document will have the same stage) ie: Won, Lost

We have a 'Date' field indicating when the final disposition of the document occured, corresponds with 'Stage'.

Essentially what i have tried and failed is creating a stacked Bar chart using date on the X axis, and Sum of 'Total Price' on the Y Axis, the series i used was 'Stage'.  I then used a quickfilter on 'Product' but the quickfilter I believe uses 'OR' logic.

Hope that helps!

• jaredpk
    jaredpk Contributor

Hi -- I just talked this over internally.  Nick, you are correct.  This can't be done currently.  To put this on the radar as an enhancement request, I would put this ideas exchange.

I work for Domo.
  • Jared,

Thanks for your feedback. 

Would approaching this requirement from an App perspective possibly provide a solution? 

I am curious if the flexibility of an App might allow more control over the SQL command that gets issued, perhaps allowing the 'OR' comparison for this requirement to be implemented.

Thanks!
    Nick

• jaredpk
    jaredpk Contributor
    Answer ✓

Hi Nick -- Yes an custom app could do this.  For that'd you'd clarify the requirement with our App team and they would build and test with you to make this work.

I work for Domo.