Filter on cells with multiple values

Hi,

I am creating a calendar on Domo with a dataset that looks like this. This dataset is imported from Google Sheet into Domo. 

Is there any way I can create a single filter, with all the countries name, such that when I choose a country, all events corresponding to the country will appear?

i.e. If I choose 'Poland', it will filter out all rows without 'Poland'. 

Thanks,

Lee

Best Answers

• mylee
    mylee Member
    Answer ✓

Thanks HTH for answering!

In your solution, there will be many different filters for each country, one for Poland, one for Germany, etc, each with a binary outcome, yes or no.

Do you know if there's any possibility to merge the different filters into a single filter? 

Such that in this one filter, if I click on Poland, it reveals all events with Country LIKE '%Poland%' 

• jhl
    jhl Member
    Answer ✓

Hi mylee,

sorry for not being entirely clear if you just set up one beast mode like

case
    when `Country` LIKE '%Poland%'
    then 'Poland'

when `Country` LIKE '%Sweden%'
    then 'Sweden'

when `Country` LIKE '%France%'
    then 'France'

when... 

then...
    end

and put as many "when... then..." statements into the beast mode as you need, this will lead to one filter for everything. For added usability, I would display it as a quick filter too.

HTH

Answers

• Hi Lee,

you can try the LIKE operator in a beast mode calculation, such as

case
    then 'Poland'
    end

repeating the 'when... then' part for each country you have in your list (or may need) and then setting a filter on the calculated field.

The '%' here serves as the placeholder to make sure it the condition is true when it contains the string 'Poland' anywhere.

HTH

PS: Generally, I would advise against having several values in just one column, it would be easier (and potentially less error prone) to use a different way of storing the data. Difficult to say without knowing what your data corresponds to, though.

• mylee
    mylee Member
    Answer ✓

Thanks HTH for answering!

In your solution, there will be many different filters for each country, one for Poland, one for Germany, etc, each with a binary outcome, yes or no.

Do you know if there's any possibility to merge the different filters into a single filter? 

Such that in this one filter, if I click on Poland, it reveals all events with Country LIKE '%Poland%' 

• jhl
    jhl Member
    Answer ✓

Hi mylee,

sorry for not being entirely clear if you just set up one beast mode like

case
    then 'Poland'

when `Country` LIKE '%Sweden%'
    then 'Sweden'

when `Country` LIKE '%France%'
    then 'France'

when... 

then...
    end

and put as many "when... then..." statements into the beast mode as you need, this will lead to one filter for everything. For added usability, I would display it as a quick filter too.

HTH