How do I set the card date range end date in the future?

I have a complex beast mode calculation that determines YOY (currently 2016/2017) revenue gaps by customer.  It automatically calculates through the end of the current month.  However, when I try to set the card date range to "1/1/2016 through 12/31/2017" it automatically changes the end date to the last date for which we have data.  Does this mean that I have to go in and update the end date every day?

Example of the beast mode calculation:

(CASE  WHEN ((SUM((CASE  WHEN ((year(`MetricDate`) = year(current_date())) AND (month(`MetricDate`) <= month(current_date()))) THEN `Amount_Revenue Gross Revenue @ Rpt` ELSE 0 END )) - SUM((CASE  WHEN ((year(`MetricDate`) = (year(current_date()) - 1)) AND (month(`MetricDate`) <= month(current_date()))) THEN `Amount_Revenue Gross Revenue @ Rpt` ELSE 0 END ))) < 0) THEN (SUM((CASE  WHEN ((year(`MetricDate`) = year(current_date())) AND (month(`MetricDate`) <= month(current_date()))) THEN `Amount_Revenue Gross Revenue @ Rpt` ELSE 0 END )) - SUM((CASE  WHEN ((year(`MetricDate`) = (year(current_date()) - 1)) AND (month(`MetricDate`) <= month(current_date()))) THEN `Amount_Revenue Gross Revenue @ Rpt` ELSE 0 END ))) ELSE 0 END )

Best Answer

• shaanarora
    shaanarora Member
    Answer ✓

Your best bet is to use the Last... date grain filter and set it to Last 2 Years. That will include all of last year and this year up to the current date.

Answers

• shaanarora
    shaanarora Member
    Answer ✓

Your best bet is to use the Last... date grain filter and set it to Last 2 Years. That will include all of last year and this year up to the current date.

This discussion has been closed.