Data type of column changing from text to integer after import

I have a dataset column that has number and alphabets and is a text column while uploading. However after the dataset import it changes to integer and the text values become null in the dataset. Even if I change it in magic etl, it converts to text , but the null values still remain the same.

Tagged:

Answers

• Domo tries to infer the data type based on what it sees in the column of numbers and text. If you import an Excel file, and use formatting in Excel prior to the import, you can get Domo to recognize the proper types to use.

For example, if you import a date Domo will probably get it wrong. But format the column to date prior to import and Domo will acknowledge it as a date.

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **

• @ArborRose I tried using text classifier before import and domo recognized it as text column. later I replaced the text and used it as text column. My issue is resolved now.

• Glad to hear you got it resolved.

For anyone not aware, under Admin > Toolkit, there's a scheme management capability to modify a dataset's field types. But I use it as a last resort; when I can't seem to get Domo to accept my field types on import.

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **