Can I introduce a new column on an existing data set? If so how?

I have an existing data set that I bring in weekly and I use the Append tile in ETL. I started about 3 months ago. 2 weeks ago I added a new column on the data set, but it is not an option when I am creating new card on my dashboard. How can I get this new column to show up?

Best Answer

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

In your ETL, click on the Append Tile and then choose Include All Columns. This will allow all columns from all appended datasets to to be included. You can also review the other options available in the dropdown list to see if one is a better option for you.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• pauljames
    pauljames Contributor

@kim_barragan0126 , Hey Kim! Did you save and run the ETL? A basic question, but sometime folks forget. (I know I have). Can you share a bit more on what exactly you've done? I can help you work through the details.

IF I SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM, PLEASE "ACCEPT" MY ANSWER AS A SOLUTION. THANK YOU!

• The data set updates when it comes through a email connector. I want to add the "Tags" column, but it doesn't show. I see that on my Append Tile, the Weekly Funnel has the below.

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

In your ETL, click on the Append Tile and then choose Include All Columns. This will allow all columns from all appended datasets to to be included. You can also review the other options available in the dropdown list to see if one is a better option for you.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • Well, that was too easy! I should have known that - thank you!