Can Domo Workbench Support TCP/IP Over SSH for Secure Database Connections?

Hi everyone,

I'm working with Domo Workbench on a remote desktop (RDP) and need to securely connect to a MySQL database hosted on a private network. Typically, this is done via a TCP/IP connection over SSH, which adds an extra layer of security by encrypting the connection between the client and the database.

However, I'm not sure if Domo Workbench natively supports this kind of connection, or if there's a workaround that I should consider. Has anyone managed to establish a secure connection like this using Domo Workbench? If so, what steps or tools did you use to set it up?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

I've typically utilized a VPN connection to have a secure layer to process data through on the Workbench server.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • JasonAltenburg
    Answer ✓

I'm not sure it fits this use case, but want to point out that in addition to Workbench, there is the less well-known Workbench Enterprise which may provide you more flexibility:

Workbench Enterprise | Implementation Guide (domo.com)

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

I've typically utilized a VPN connection to have a secure layer to process data through on the Workbench server.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • JasonAltenburg
    Answer ✓

I'm not sure it fits this use case, but want to point out that in addition to Workbench, there is the less well-known Workbench Enterprise which may provide you more flexibility:

Workbench Enterprise | Implementation Guide (domo.com)