Run Workbench Button

Is there a way to create a button as a card to run a job in the workbench? For example, I'm currently running QB Desktop through the workbench and the accounting team would like to be able to run manually by hand the dataset while they are closing out the month. I don't want them to have to login into the workbench and have to navigate that.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

There isn’t a straightforward way to trigger the workbench job outside of the server because it’s not known outside of the server. If you wanted to get super technical you may be able to configure that server to be exposed to the outside world and then potentially utilize a workflow and custom app to call out to that server via a configured API but that exposes the risk of exposing your server and quickbooks data to the outside world.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

There isn’t a straightforward way to trigger the workbench job outside of the server because it’s not known outside of the server. If you wanted to get super technical you may be able to configure that server to be exposed to the outside world and then potentially utilize a workflow and custom app to call out to that server via a configured API but that exposes the risk of exposing your server and quickbooks data to the outside world.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • I don't have an answer to this, but curious if anyone knows if Workbench Enterprise would enable you to achieve this. Curious to hear from others who have used the new WBE.

David Cunningham

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree 😀, Like 👍️, or Awesome ❤️ below **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! ✔️**