Training Videos

I've noticed several of you do training videos. I want to draw on your experience and knowledge of current tools. I have an extensive background in graphics, video, etc. So complexity of the tool doesn't bother me.

I want to create a couple training videos for our staff on using our Domo dashboards, etc. It MUST be able to create a SCORM file for use via our HR delivery system. And I want to use AI for text to speech, preferably with an AI avatar. I do not need cutesy graphics. I can do my own graphics.

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **

Best Answer

• JasonAltenburg
    Answer ✓

No opinions on SCORM, AI, avatar, etc. but from a video content creation aspect, OBS + Davinci Pro is an incredibly flexible stack. I bet there are plugins using these that would allow what you're looking for.

I also really love SnagIt for quick videos, annotation, and screen grabbing.

Another crazy thing I saw recently is that folks are using Steam (I know right!?) to download things like Blender to keep them up to date and allow managed plugins/mods from Steam Workshop…

Would love to hear where you land on this!

Answers

• This is not what you're asking for, but for a quick-and-dirty solution, I've starting using the Zoom Workplaces "Clips" to create quick video walkthroughs of my dashboards, and then I upload them directly to the dashboard as a document card so users don't have to go looking for them. (In App Studio, I put it on the last tab of the page). I can create a quick, informal video and put it on the dashboard in under 10 minutes.

Please 💡/💖/👍/😊 this post if you read it and found it helpful.

Please accept the answer if it solved your problem.

• ArborRose
    ArborRose Coach
    edited July 12

Thanks David.

I have Camtasia and may upgrade to the latest version for the SCORM and text to speech requirements. For an AI avatar, I may try Synthesia but I've never used it. Thus, reaching out to find out what people have used.

• JasonAltenburg
    Answer ✓

No opinions on SCORM, AI, avatar, etc. but from a video content creation aspect, OBS + Davinci Pro is an incredibly flexible stack. I bet there are plugins using these that would allow what you're looking for.

I also really love SnagIt for quick videos, annotation, and screen grabbing.

Another crazy thing I saw recently is that folks are using Steam (I know right!?) to download things like Blender to keep them up to date and allow managed plugins/mods from Steam Workshop…

Would love to hear where you land on this!

• @JasonAltenburg - The idea is to self-produce training at a low cost.

I'm familiar with OBS. I didn't think about its application here but I understand the overlaying and such. I'm not familiar with Davinci Pro. I use SnagIt every day. I highly recommend it for anyone not using SnagIt already.

As for where I land…I'll try to circle back. For now…

I don't want to be in the video. I want to use AI to create someone speaking in the videos. As a test, I used AI to create an IT Security Training course. Then I typed in a dozen or so slides in PowerPoint. Next, I will identify an AI avatar creator. Something like D-id or Synthesia to make a synthetic person speaking my training dialog. And I'll overlay that using an alpha channel. And see if I can output the final to SCORM with quiz questions using Camtasia.

Here's something else to test at some point. Apparently you can access the AI yourself with some Python code using Google CoLab, Wav2Lip, and Deepfake {or something like that}.

I'm going to mark this as resolved so it hides. But I am always interested in ideas and comments. Feel free to add to the conversation.