Blank Brick

Options

When I create a blank brick in Domo, it builds out a card with area for javascript, html, and css code. It also adds three datasets to the domain. I replace dataset[0] with my own dataset and get the card working. Terrific so far. But I never needed that example set in the first place.

Now I want to delete those example sets. When I have deleted one of the example sets in the past, it wiped out my card and my code. Since then, I don't touch them. But I want them gone.

1.) How do I trace these datasets to the cards using them?
2.) How do I safely disconnect the datasets from the card, and remove them without disturbing the card?

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **

Tagged:

Best Answer

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

I would try mapping datasets 0, 1, and 2 to the same real dataset that you need so that you brick doesn't reference any example datasets in the code. I would think you would then be able to safely delete the example datasets.

I'm not sure if there is a brick that only has one dataset, but if you find one, you might want to make that your starter brick going forwards.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

I would try mapping datasets 0, 1, and 2 to the same real dataset that you need so that you brick doesn't reference any example datasets in the code. I would think you would then be able to safely delete the example datasets.

I'm not sure if there is a brick that only has one dataset, but if you find one, you might want to make that your starter brick going forwards.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • ArborRose
    Options

I haven't seen a brick with only one. I thought I had tried remapping all three but I just tried again and it worked. Thanks @MarkSnodgrass.

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **