Any row is added alert issue

I have had an alert set on a view for the past several months that has been helping us track a bug with a vendor. Essentially we get daily flat files and randomly we will get files that are missing data and are their flagged as 'Problematic'. When I set up the alert 'Any row is added' was was a prebuilt option that I selected and just modified the body of the email to contain what I needed. It worked beautifully. Well since the May Domo release the alert stopped. I honestly just checked into it yesterday and found that it was disabled as it was no longer an option. I have messed around with the new options and can't seem to come up with a new way to get the same alert functionality. Can someone help me out with this? I really just need a email that provides be with 4 data points that I can then forward to our Vendor for research.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Sean_Tully
    Sean_Tully Contributor
    Answer ✓

I noticed that the 'Any row is added' option is still available on datasets that aren't views, so maybe you can get the same results you had by doing this in Magic ETL instead of a view. Also, it may be worth opening a ticket with Domo support re: the email, since that just doesn't seem right.

Answers

• Sean_Tully
    Sean_Tully Contributor
    edited June 7

Can you use one of the columns as a count instead? It would have to be a row that doesn't contain nulls. So, the Metric would be Total Count of [field], and meeting the condition of a really small change like Changes by .01%. That might mimic the 'any row is added' option?

• ARosser
    ARosser Member

That's what I did to get an alert running again, but the column values I had setup previously are not working. This is the email I got this morning.

• Sean_Tully
    Sean_Tully Contributor
    Answer ✓

I noticed that the 'Any row is added' option is still available on datasets that aren't views, so maybe you can get the same results you had by doing this in Magic ETL instead of a view. Also, it may be worth opening a ticket with Domo support re: the email, since that just doesn't seem right.

• ARosser
    ARosser Member

Thanks. I ended up making a few modifications to the base dataset so I could attach the alert to it. Good to know that only views seem to be impacted.