Xero connector

Options

I need to setup the Xero and Xero payroll connectors.  I have completed steps 1-4 in this help article (including purchasing the custom connection subscription from Xero) but need some guidance on how to complete steps 5-7 please and to activate the connector in Domo.

I have basic technical knowledge!

Any help would be appreciated.

Andrew

Tagged:

Best Answer

• ArborRose
    ArborRose Coach
    edited May 2 Answer ✓
    Options

Did you run them concurrently or one after the other finished? Based on the error it sounds like its saying you can't authenticate a second time while something is already running. Meaning, wait until its finished to then do the second…using the same account.

And make sure that account isn't attempting to log in somewhere else outside of Domo's connection…while in process.

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **

Answers

• ArborRose
    Options

It sounds like you already have your token information configured. Next step would be to find the connector in Domo.

Xero connectors for Domo are listed in the AppStore. You will see AppStore on the ribbon bar at the top of your Domo screen. Enter Xero into the search and hit enter. Several Xero connectors show up. Pick the connector you need, a yellow button should show in the upper right that says "Get The Data". Click that button to setup your connection.

• ArborRose
    Options

Domo also has JSON oAuth connectors for making generic connections to APIs. You can find them by entering JSON into the AppStore.

• david_cunningham
    edited May 2
    Options

I took a look at the connectors you mentioned. For the Xero and Xero Payroll Connectors, it looks like you'll just need the email address and password associated with your Xero account. If you click the orange "connect" button, it will prompt you to sign-in with your account. From there you'll be able to set up the connectors settings in the best way for your situation.

A few quick notes for you from reviewing the documentation.

1. It looks like you must have a Xero admin account in order to use this connector. If you are not an Admin, you can use the "Assign Someone" button to direct your admin to enter the credentials to set up the connector.
    2. Make sure to limit your dataset to run only as often as needed to avoid API throttling issues.
    3. Here is a link to the getting started guide for the connector - https://www.domo.com/appstore/connector/xero-connector/faq

David Cunningham

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree 😀, Like 👍️, or Awesome ❤️ below **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! ✔️**

• amcmorron
    amcmorron Member
    Options

Thanks @david_cunningham and @ArborRose

Without doing anything different to what I have previously done, the Xero connector decided to work this morning however only for the Xero invoices request below but not the Timesheet request.

This is the error message….

I had a further look through the help documentation for Xero and did notice this which may be the cause of my troubles. Since the Xero Connector and Xero Payroll are two separate connectors in Domo each requiring Xero OAuth, could that be an issue?

Thanks again for your help.

• amcmorron
    amcmorron Member
    Options

And….if the two OAuths is the issue, how do handle this given that I will need to be refreshing my data from both connectors?

• ArborRose
    ArborRose Coach
    edited May 2 Answer ✓
    Options

Did you run them concurrently or one after the other finished? Based on the error it sounds like its saying you can't authenticate a second time while something is already running. Meaning, wait until its finished to then do the second…using the same account.

And make sure that account isn't attempting to log in somewhere else outside of Domo's connection…while in process.