Python Requests Library in Codeengine

Options

Hello,

I have started using the codeengine to create API calls to automate some of our tasks with systems outside of Domo. Python is my primary language and I have noticed that I have not been able to find documentation on making the calls with python.

I know there is support for calls using JavaScript and I have been successful using them. So now I am curious if anyone has had luck making the calls using python and if so how.

Tagged:

Answers

• Zoolander
    Zoolander Domo Employee
    Options

Are you referring to external API calls? I know with JS I use Axios…I'm not much of a Python person, but have you tried using requests?

requests.post, requests.put, requests.get, etc… are all supported if you import requests. That's what I've used successfully in the few times I've used Python.

• sstorm183
    Options

Zooloander,

I have imported and used the requests library. The calls are to an external API.

Here is a sample

• Zoolander
    Zoolander Domo Employee
    Options

So help me understand your question, please. Are you looking for how to use codeEngine to make internal API calls? I'm not sure what your question is.

• sstorm183
    Options

I am trying to make an API Call to an API outside of domo, In this case Zenput. It works with the Java libraries, but I am looking for a python solution.

• Zoolander
    Zoolander Domo Employee
    Options

What you have there using requests will work to make external API calls.