Conditionally Starting a Dataflow

Options

I have a dataflow that I only want to start when the data in a dataset materially changes. It seems like it runs no matter if the data changes or not.

Any advice on this.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• DavidChurchman
    Answer ✓
    Options

The settings in dataflows allow you to run the dataflow when certain datasets are updated. But 'materially changes' means to me that you have some criteria for how the data needs to change in order to run the dataflow. For something like that, you could use the "workflow" feature to set up some custom rules about what triggers a dataflow.

If you don't have that premium feature in your instance, a more manual route would be to set up an alert on your dataset that lets you know when it has met your criteria for "meaningful change", and then you could manually run the dataflow when you get that alert.

Please 💡/💖/👍/😊 this post if you read it and found it helpful.

Please accept the answer if it solved your problem.

Answers

• DavidChurchman
    Answer ✓
    Options

The settings in dataflows allow you to run the dataflow when certain datasets are updated. But 'materially changes' means to me that you have some criteria for how the data needs to change in order to run the dataflow. For something like that, you could use the "workflow" feature to set up some custom rules about what triggers a dataflow.

If you don't have that premium feature in your instance, a more manual route would be to set up an alert on your dataset that lets you know when it has met your criteria for "meaningful change", and then you could manually run the dataflow when you get that alert.

Please 💡/💖/👍/😊 this post if you read it and found it helpful.

Please accept the answer if it solved your problem.