Drill in Place

Options

Hi All -

Guess I will kick things off here too :)

I know this is interation 1 of AppStudio, but I'm impatient and already playing around with moving some of our global dashboards to AppStudio.

Is there functionality build a drill in place on a card in AppStudio editor? I see linking to another card and opening in a pop out, but not in place.

Thanks!

Best Answer

• ColemenWilson
    edited April 2 Answer ✓
    Options

Similar to dashboards, you can only enable drill in place if a drill path has been created for the card. When importing a dashboard to an app, the drill path will come with it. If you did not have a drill path created before importing the dashboard, you will need to navigate to the card outside of the app and create a drill path or develop a replacement card with a drill path and then add it to the app. This seems like a quality of life improvement that Domo ought to make, I would recommend adding it to the https://community-forums.domo.com/main/categories/ideas

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

Answers

• ColemenWilson
    edited April 2
    Options

Edit App > Select the card > Actions > Drill In Place

• eburns
    eburns Member
    Options

Hmm … not an option. I converted a dashboard to the AppStudio and didn't build the card organically in AppStudio. Does that have something to do with it?

• ColemenWilson
    edited April 2 Answer ✓
    Options

Similar to dashboards, you can only enable drill in place if a drill path has been created for the card. When importing a dashboard to an app, the drill path will come with it. If you did not have a drill path created before importing the dashboard, you will need to navigate to the card outside of the app and create a drill path or develop a replacement card with a drill path and then add it to the app. This seems like a quality of life improvement that Domo ought to make, I would recommend adding it to the https://community-forums.domo.com/main/categories/ideas

• eburns
    eburns Member
    Options

Got it! Thank you so much @ColemenWilson. Will add to the ideas exchange.