Confluence Card

Options

Hi all,

I heard something in DOMOPALOOZA24 about having a card with Confuence content, does anyone know anything about this? I couldn't find a connector or anything…

The idea was to have a card with the dashbboard documentation that lives as as Confluence page.

Thanks!

Answers

• Sean_Tully
    Sean_Tully Contributor
    Options

I attended a couple of talks that dealt with documentation at Domopalooza 24. The "Building a Platform as a Service Framework" talk mentioned going from Google Docs → GitHub → Confluence to publish documentation in Confluence, but I don't think they mentioned pushing the documentation into Domo. "Cultivating a Community of Empowered Users" also talked a lot about documentation, but I think the example there was to use a doc card within Domo itself for the documentation and not another system.

Sorry if this wasn't helpful, just figured I'd share my notes. Maybe there was another talk I missed that mentioned a process for pushing Confluence → Domo.

• ColemenWilson
    Options

Hey @pftomas! I was the one who led the "Cultivating a Community of Empowered Users" session. A hand was raised by someone in the audience who said that they link to their confluence documentation from Domo, but that it does not actually live as content in Domo.

As mentioned by @Sean_Tully, at Henry Schein One we do all of our BI documentation in Domo using notebook cards. A link to the recording will be available soon if you missed the session. I'm also happy to chat on how we are doing documentation with you if you are interested!

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

• pftomas
    pftomas Member
    Options

Hi Colemen,

First of all, congrats on the session… one of the highlights of DP24 for me! :)

I found the approach to have the documentation close to the source to be very interesting but didn't want to move away from our corporate Knowledge Base in Confluence so a card with the confluence page/content would be ideal.

• ColemenWilson
    Options

It appears that Atlassian doesn't allow for Confluence pages to be embedded externally, unfortunately.

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above