How is everyone else connecting to NetSuite?

Options

I am just starting to implement DOMO at my company and we have received some conflicting opinions on going about connecting to NetSuite, it was heavily implied that the best way to connect was through NetSuites Analytics Connect by our sales rep so we paid the extra money to NetSuite to have that feature turned on, but then our implementation team said that the best way was through saved searches, they did, however, say that it would be more difficult to do ledger based point in time reporting through saved searches. We are conscious of cost so we want to get our data into the system in the most efficient way possible but we also want to set ourselves up for success in the future—just curious as to how other NetSuite users are going about connecting.

Best Answers

• Alyc120
    Alyc120 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

I worked with BT Partners. They helped me navigate the API (after I spent 8 hours researching how to do it myself to no avail). In addition to working out the details of the API connector, they also and provided JSON code to paste into Magic ETL. I was up and running in a jiffy with their experience. It was worth the expense.

If you are interested, you can reach out to BT Partners via the DOMO Appstore.

• ABauman
    ABauman Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Alyc120 Thanks for the recommendation, we will have to reach out to them to help us get kickstarted!

Answers

• ArborRose
    Options

We haven't completed the setup of the Domo NetSuite connection yet. Your question is a nice reminder that I need to move some focus back to that topic. Have you looked at the Domo NetSuite Connector?

https://domo-support.domo.com/s/article/360043437533?language=en_US https://domo-support.domo.com/s/article/360043437533?language=en_US

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **

• ABauman
    ABauman Member
    Options

@ArborRose We have, what I was looking to see was which of the 3 NetSuite connectors people are using and why. But I think we have found an answer. We will be using mostly the analytics connector and will write SQL queries to join tables in the actual query before it gets into DOMO that way we can save credits by not having to refresh multiple tables. I think we will also be using the email connector to bring in ledger-based reports that already exist in NetSuite since we don't want to have to recreate a ledger in DOMO if it already exists in NetSuite stuff like P&L and Inventory Valuation reports.

• Alyc120
    Alyc120 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

I worked with BT Partners. They helped me navigate the API (after I spent 8 hours researching how to do it myself to no avail). In addition to working out the details of the API connector, they also and provided JSON code to paste into Magic ETL. I was up and running in a jiffy with their experience. It was worth the expense.

If you are interested, you can reach out to BT Partners via the DOMO Appstore.

• ABauman
    ABauman Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Alyc120 Thanks for the recommendation, we will have to reach out to them to help us get kickstarted!