Reloading Recursive Dataflow Data

Options

Hello,

I have a recursive data flow running daily adding on and updating our sales data. It was discovered that the join wasn't using a fully unique identifier so some rows of data have been cut out over time. I want to clear out the data and resend it all to domo so that I make sure I have it all. Is there a way to clear out all the rows of data while not deleting the the dataset itself? I have the datasets tied to other dataflows and a ton of cards so I just want to refresh the data but don't want to have to totally rebuild. What's the best way to go about this and getting the missing data added in? Thanks so much!

Best Answers

• brycec
    brycec Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

You'll want to use the data repair feature. Add this exact string to the end of the URL of the DataSet:

?_f=dataRepair

Then, you'll now have a new tab on the DataSet called Data Repair. Navigate to it. Now, you should have all the tools and options to do what you need. It'll let you delete updates, replace updates with a CSV, etc. Then, when you're done, you can remove the feature so people can't mess with the data by adding this string to the end of the URL:

?-_f=dataRepair

Was this comment helpful? Click Agree or Like below.
    Did this comment solve your problem? Accept it as the solution!

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Alternatively you can update your recursive dataflow so your input goes directly to your output, pull in ALL of your data in the input dataset, then change the version of the ETL back to the prior version with the recursion in place.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• brycec
    brycec Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

You'll want to use the data repair feature. Add this exact string to the end of the URL of the DataSet:

?_f=dataRepair

Then, you'll now have a new tab on the DataSet called Data Repair. Navigate to it. Now, you should have all the tools and options to do what you need. It'll let you delete updates, replace updates with a CSV, etc. Then, when you're done, you can remove the feature so people can't mess with the data by adding this string to the end of the URL:

?-_f=dataRepair

Was this comment helpful? Click Agree or Like below.
    Did this comment solve your problem? Accept it as the solution!

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Alternatively you can update your recursive dataflow so your input goes directly to your output, pull in ALL of your data in the input dataset, then change the version of the ETL back to the prior version with the recursion in place.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**