Compare values in a series against overall average

Options
Banff_BIAnalyst
edited March 27 in Beast Mode

Hi Domo community,

I'm looking to create a card that shows which segments are bringing our Net Promoter Score (NPS) up or down. My idea for a visualization is below.

The centre line is the monthly overall NPS and then the 4 bars (International, United States, Canada, and regional) are the series that show the different segments and how they relate to the NPS. To get this card to work I have a beast mode that calculates NPS:

100*(Sum(Case WHEN NPS in(0,1,2,3,4,5,6) then -1 else 0 end +
Case WHEN NPS in(7,8) then 0 else 0 end +
Case WHEN NPS in(9,10) then 1 else 0 end)
/
Count(NPS))

I then have created an NPS Variance Beast mode that takes the NPS and subtracts the monthly average. This allows me to create the card above using the Geography field as the Y axis and NPS variance in the X axis, I put the Calculated NPS in the Tooltip to be able to label the bars with the NPS value.

The problem is that the Monthly NPS has to be hard-coded in the NPS Variance Beast mode so that it doesn't also get split by the geography field. Is there a way to have a value in a beast mode that isn't affected by the variables in the card?

Thank you all

Best Answer

• brycec
    brycec Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

You should be able to achieve this using FIXED functions in the Beast Mode. Here is the documentation for them:

https://domo-support.domo.com/s/article/4408174643607?language=en_US

You'd want to use the FILTER option of the FIXED function to make sure your monthly NPS isn't affected by the fields you specify.

Was this comment helpful? Click Agree or Like below.
    Did this comment solve your problem? Accept it as the solution!

Answers

• brycec
    brycec Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

You should be able to achieve this using FIXED functions in the Beast Mode. Here is the documentation for them:

https://domo-support.domo.com/s/article/4408174643607?language=en_US

You'd want to use the FILTER option of the FIXED function to make sure your monthly NPS isn't affected by the fields you specify.

Was this comment helpful? Click Agree or Like below.
    Did this comment solve your problem? Accept it as the solution!