DP Feature Release preview

Options
BenSchein
BenSchein Contributor

Hard to believe it is already almost Domopalooza week. We are pushing a ton of cool stuff next week (and some sneaks up our sleeves also)….Those hard core Domo dorks who are in Domo on a Friday afternoon may have noticed in product announcements that listed the features. Posting them here as well as I know they go away and then people want them back.

Comments

• ArborRose
    Options

I'd trade the whole list for border styles, padding, and cell merge in the basic table chart type.

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **

• Ashleigh
    Options

@ArborRose which table type? Mega and Pivot tables have border options but I don't see it in HTML table.

I think.

**If this answer solved your problem be sure to like it and accept it as a solution!

• ArborRose
    Options

@Ashleigh - basic table.

I can't imagine a single Domo user who hasn't wanted to adjust border thickness, border color, cell merge, etc….with a basic table card.

With a blank brick, and a bunch of javascript code I can do it. What a pain in the butt. Can I say "butt" on here? Apologies. See the table output below. A domo beginner has no shot at building that. But I can teach a child to do it in html.

I have an aging dashboard. It has 10 columns on the ar side, 10 more columns on the credit side. Then there are more columns for things like four week trends. I can't distinguish the areas of the table from one another because I can't do what I show above…visually. So I have to make cards for each area of the table….and display them vertically.

In a past life using non-Domo tools, I worked for a large school district. I created output the schools loved that showed all the students scores, test scores, achievements, etc. It was really wide and colorful. One dashboard and they were in heaven. I would have to create a dozen Domo dashboards for that because its so hard to color cells or distinguish vertical column sections.

• BenSchein
    BenSchein Contributor
    Options

@ArborRose The options @Ashleigh posted above are available now in the Standard Table (which is the same as a mega table). They are under the General section. Which maybe we should pop out as its own section. I realize this is still low code (Vs. the full precision you might get using code in a Domo brick which you brought up). Have you tried using these settings at all. Guessing it does not get you all the way but may get at much of what you are looking for. App Studio also has some more extensive design/theme options you might want to check out. Thank you for the feedback.

• ArborRose
    Options

@BenSchein - unless I just don't know how to use it, that general setting is completely useless. I don't want to change ALL borders or outside border, we need to separate columns for readability. There's not a single table I have ever built where I wanted an ugly outside border and unreadable rows.

I don't want any App Studio. I don't want advanced JavaScript. I want to highlight one or more cells or a column and set a border on either side.

• MichelleH
    Options

@ArborRose Have you tried using Color Rules to highlight columns/values?

• ArborRose
    Options

Yes. But my comment didn't mention color. The thumbnail below is the report I mentioned earlier in the discussion…

• DavidChurchman
    Options

Will we be able to embed an app studio app using Domo Everywhere the way we can share dashboards, or do apps only exist within Domo?

Please 💡/💖/👍/😊 this post if you read it and found it helpful.

Please accept the answer if it solved your problem.