Is there a way to add more dataset slots to a DDX brick?

Options

I need to add more dataset alias slots to my DDX Brick, but I can't seem to find where to do this. Does anyone know where and how this is done?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

There is a brick called "Brick with Ten Datasets". I would recommend using that as it has the most defined datasets. If you need more than 10, then you may have to go to the custom app route. Or using Magic ETL to combine some of your data.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• ArborRose
    Options

I think it depends upon the type of brick. My page with blank bricks allows me to add more cards with their own datasets, but I can't add more datasets to each card. However, the DDX Form and Dataset brick seems to have an icon to add datasets.

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **

• GrantSmith
    Options

DDX Bricks are pre-built with the number of datasets available. You can't modify these. If you're wanting more control over the number of datasets you want to use or their aliases you can leverage a custom app which is similar to a DDX in terms of having an HTML, CSS and JS files but you also get a manifest file to define the mappings. You'd need to deploy the app to your instance and then install it so it's a bit more involved but more flexible.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

There is a brick called "Brick with Ten Datasets". I would recommend using that as it has the most defined datasets. If you need more than 10, then you may have to go to the custom app route. Or using Magic ETL to combine some of your data.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.