Best way to get multiple data types in a visualization?

Options
pauljames
pauljames Contributor

Hey,

I have total sales (in the millions), avg. selling price (max $20/unit) , and then a % metric. I want to have them all together in a time series chart to show trends.

I can't figure this out for the life of me because I can't get them all appropriately graphed without taking one off the graph completely to see.

Make sense? Appreciate any feedback here on recommendations.

Thanks,

Paul

IF I SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM, PLEASE "ACCEPT" MY ANSWER AS A SOLUTION. THANK YOU!

Best Answer

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

Could you normalize them against a benchmark? So you are visualizing +/- against that benchmark?

Example:
    Total sales benchmark is $1,000,000 and the current month value is $1,200,000

1. Total sales benchmark is $1,000,000 and the current month value is $1,200,000
      1. Graph would show 20% increase over benchmark of 0 (with tooltip to show actual value)
    2. avg. selling price benchmark is $10 and the current month value is $15
      1. Graph would show 50% increase over benchmark of 0 (with tooltip to show actual value)
    3. % metric benchmark is 5% and the current month value is 8%
      1. Graph would show 60% increase over benchmark of 0 (with tooltip to show actual value)

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

Answers

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

Could you normalize them against a benchmark? So you are visualizing +/- against that benchmark?

Example:
    Total sales benchmark is $1,000,000 and the current month value is $1,200,000

1. Total sales benchmark is $1,000,000 and the current month value is $1,200,000
      1. Graph would show 20% increase over benchmark of 0 (with tooltip to show actual value)
    2. avg. selling price benchmark is $10 and the current month value is $15
      1. Graph would show 50% increase over benchmark of 0 (with tooltip to show actual value)
    3. % metric benchmark is 5% and the current month value is 8%
      1. Graph would show 60% increase over benchmark of 0 (with tooltip to show actual value)

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above